I help high-achieving, ambitious women like you to overcome the emotional challenges of success by mastering your inner psychology. With my background as a licensed social worker, I have the skills and methodology to help you get unstuck, let go of your self-sabotage patterns, take back control, finally establish healthy work-life integration, and more.
Something I’ve learned in with working with top-performers — from CEOs and authors to fashion designers and finance execs — is that looking like you have it all figured out on the surface does not equate to feeling that way within. Instead of maintaining the flawless impression you keep up on the outside, it’s time to take care of the negative self-talk and nagging fears going on inside, so that you can stop pretending to be happy and actually feel that way instead.
Improving your emotional health doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with you.
Everyone faces different emotional struggles, and even world-class athletes work with coaches and therapists to make sure their mental game is as strong as their physical game. If anything, it means that you’re braver than most people who would simply live with the unhappiness rather than work to overcome it.
Many of my clients are more emotionally aware than most people, which makes them great at empathizing and serving their clients and bosses, but it can also make confronting the long-standing emotional baggage they carry difficult and frankly intimidating. They’ve chosen to work with me because I have the training and experience to gently push aside psychological roadblocks and help you feel like yourself again so you can experience the happiness and peace of mind you deserve.
You don’t need someone to just motivate you, tell you to love yourself, and remind you to think positively.
What you need is someone who can provide you with the guidance and emotional support to help you change your deeply ingrained habits and finally get you off of that crazy emotional roller coaster you’ve been riding for the longest time.
I’ve honed my methods over more than a decade, including four years working as psychology researcher at Rutgers University and obtaining a Masters from Columbia University.
The model I use when working with clients draws from the latest, evidence-based psychology research, cognitive behavioral and solution-focused techniques, which (in a nutshell) look at the connection between thoughts, emotions, and actions. It aims at finding proactive ways to solve problems and modify dysfunctional, unhelpful thinking and behavior.
Our goal in working together will be to dissect and rewire behaviors, bad habits, and poor relationship dynamics that are no longer serving you. Together we’ll explore and break down any automatic negative thoughts, self talk, limiting beliefs, and triggers that are keeping you stuck to help you feel more in control of your life, career, and relationships.
If you just want someone to listen to you vent, call a friend, but if you want someone who can identify the foundations of your problems that you never even considered, then I’m your girl.
First, the professional stuff:
- For years I ran a research lab that studied human behavior and happiness at Rutgers University.
- I have a Master’s Degree in Social Work from Columbia University. Now I teach Human Behavior at CUNY Hunter College.
- I write about psychology for Inc., Forbes, Fast Company, and more.
- I’m secretly a huge nerd. I was valedictorian of my class and am a bookworm at heart.
- I believe in constantly and consistently educating myself, so I will always bring the latest evidence-based methods and research to our sessions.
But, counseling and coaching is about more than just professional credentials. It requires an emotional bond and trust between us to do great work together. The personal qualities I have that my clients say enable their comfort and openness to the process are:
- I’m disciplined – I have a natural talent for bringing structure and order to your thoughts and behaviors, so we can sort them out and then only keep the ones that actively serve you.
- I’m an empath – I’m a sensitive person and am deeply attuned to the emotions of others. I can get to the source of what’s troubling you even if you can’t find the words to describe it, so you won’t have to constantly explain yourself to me.
- I’m an individualist – You’ll never get generic, one-size-fits-all advice from me. I’ll always pay attention to your specific situation and craft solutions focused on the exact results you want to achieve.
- I’m responsible – I value honesty, loyalty and integrity and I expect the same from my clients. It goes without saying that our sessions are 100% private.
- I’m a giver – I have a special gift for bringing out the best in others and truly care about bringing support, encouragement, and results to your life.
I’ve helped many of top-performers navigate the complex struggles that come with achievement by providing the perfect combination of emotional support and pragmatic guidance.
But don’t take my word for it. You can read my clients’ success stories and what they have to say about working with me.