Score Major Press & Become a PR Magnet
Are you ready to make headlines?
As a coach, therapist, or other helping professional, getting consistent, high-profile press coverage can be one of the most useful techniques for growing your business. Not only will it help drive lots of qualified traffic to your site, but perhaps even more importantly it allows you to stand out in a crowded market by enhancing your reputation and status as an expert in your field. After all, one of the most challenging parts of growing your business is earning the trust of your ideal clients and establishing your credibility.
Just think about how much more your prospects would trust you if you told them you were featured in New York Magazine or Fast Company, and how much more you could earn with that added credibility.
I’m sure you’ve seen other successful coaches getting marquee press mentions and wondered how do they do it? You know, those coaches and experts in your industry who are mentioned in The New York Times, constantly guest blogging for the Huffington Post, and have a slew of shiny logos in the “As Seen On” section of their website. What’s their trick to getting in the spotlight over and over again, and how do they keep the rest of their business afloat at the same time?
It’s not magic – it’s actually not even that hard!
With a little bit of systematic effort in a few key areas, not only can you get your content published by major outlets on a regular basis, you can actually start having reporters come to you asking you to share your advice and expertise with their readers.
How do I know? Because I did it myself.
In the first 12 months after launching my business:
- I was featured in major publications including New York Magazine, Fast Company, Forbes, Shape, Cosmopolitan, Glamour, Mashable, The Huffington Post and more.
- I’ve appeared on podcasts alongside a roster of superstar influencers like Amy Porterfield, Chris Ducker, and Jon Lee Dumas.
- I have my own column on The Daily Muse, a career site with more than 3 million email subscribers
- I’m a regular blogger for PsychCentral, one of the largest mental health websites on the internet that gets around 3.7 million unique visitors per month.
Here’s an example of the media coverage I recently received one week using the system you will learn:
- Monday: My advice is featured in an article for Shape Magazine
- Wednesday: Another one of my posts passed 2.5k shares on Mashable
- Friday: I’m a guest on a radio show for a career site that receives over 15 million monthly unique visitors
What’s even better is that this isn’t just a one-time thing. The framework you will learn is a comprehensive publicity system that consistently (and sustainably) keeps your name and message in the spotlight. And best of all, it won’t subtract from the time and attention you need to spend running the rest of your business.
I was able to get the results I did with…
No media budget or advertising
No Facebook page
A homemade website
A small (but growing!) email list
No assistant or PR team
It didn’t matter. Using my system, I’ve turned my press visibility into a lead engine that funnels new clients to me, creates powerful social proof that drives conversions on my landing page, increases traffic to my website, and solidifies my expert status in the eyes of the outside world.
So many people have asked me, “How the heck did you get all that amazing PR in such a short amount of time?” I decided I couldn’t keep it to myself anymore and had to share what I’ve learned with you.
Introducing The Media Darling Method
The Media Darling Method is customized training and consulting where I teach you the exact strategies I used to secure national attention.
By the then of Media Darling training you will know how to:
- Write a HARO pitch that actually gets a response and results in coverage
- Wow reporters in interviews and craft your sound bites
- Get recurring guest writing opportunities on major, well-known sites
- Become the media’s go-to source and have reporters coming to you again and again
- Find speaking opportunities and double your audience using social media
Examples of the materials you will receive are:
- The promotion strategy I use to amplify my press mentions to get more leads, including a detailed checklist
- My secret method for finding and leveraging mentions and shares of your content to turn your press coverage into more clients and followers
- Email scripts for responding to reporters so they quote you and keep coming back for more
- Principles for writing content that gets both picked up and shared by major media channels, dramatically increasing your brand’s exposure and credibility with your target audience
- Specific criteria for identifying and selecting the best sites to write for, and which ones to avoid, so you stop wasting time chasing the wrong opportunities
…and lots more
Ready to take it to the next level?
Because this is an intensive process, I’m only working with a small number of people for Media Darling training. Please contact me for more information about availability and rates.
I’m a licensed + Ivy League trained counselor, Master Coach, and teaches Human Behavior who has built my client base entirely on referrals from press, PR, and social media.
My media work has attracted interest from publishers, won me speaking engagements, and helped me 10x my audience size in the span of months.
I decided to do this type of consulting after friends and colleagues asked me what my secrets are, and nothing is more fun to me than geeking out over business and marketing to help other coaches, therapists and helping professionals grow their businesses.
Get Press, Grow Your Business. Contact Me Now.